Strategic Procurement Manager - Packaging & Ingredients
An opportunity to work within a leading alcohol drinks FMCG business
You must have exception procurement skills, buying ingredients or packaging.
About Our Client
Based in London, the business are fast growing FMCG company and own some of the most well known alcoholic drinks brands within the UK and worldwide. They operate in a fast paced, innovative and collaborative environment and want to hire someone who shares their passion for world class quality drinks.
This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills to develop key purchasing categories. This position will enable you to enhance your procurement skills and have a clear career path ahead of you, with the opportunity to manage other categories and future management responsibility
This role will be to manage procurement and supplier relationship of a variety of ingredients and packaging categories (glass, cardboard, plastics). It will be vital that you are able to work to negotiate on major contracts with suppliers, as well as having day to day working with internal stakeholders. You will be reporting directly into the procurement director and have no direct line reports, but will be seen as a leader within the procurement and supply chain function.
Overview of the role:
1. Deliver savings across ingredients and packaging categories - £60m + spend
2. Ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure sustainability and ethics are considered.
3. Project manage special projects from a procurement perspective.
4. Find new suppliers, when relevant and manage relationships with current suppliers.
5. Manage supply chain and risk across all packaging categories reviewed.
The Successful Applicant
- 8 years plus experience within packaging or ingredients procurement
- Experience managing multiple suppliers
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Degree Educated
What's on Offer
£65,000 tp £70,000 + package
Based in their central London office.