- Great opportunity for a Strategic Programme Manager
- Working for one of the largest police forces in the UK
About Our Client
Greater Manchester Police is one of the largest police forces in the UK and is responsible for keeping its diverse population of almost 3 million safe.
This is an exciting time for Greater Manchester Police, who has set an ambitious transformation and change agenda.
The Change & Transformation Branch is responsible for the portfolio of business change which consists of a number of strategic programmes each of which will bring about transformational change across the organisation, including structures, processes and technology.
Working within the Change and Transformation Branch, there is a vacancy for the post of a Record System Programme Manager
You will be expected to perform the role of Business Change Programme Manager working alongside an IT Programme Manager. You will have line management responsibility for a range of project and change professionals, shaping the way to deliver our transformation portfolio. You will work to provide necessary current and future capacity to realise the Force's ambitions and associated benefits including the delivery of its overall strategy and comprehensive spending review targets.
You will be a highly experienced transformational change professional, having worked in a similar multi- disciplinary leadership role. You will have a track record of designing and delivering a best-in-class estate programme / project management capabilities processes and procedures.
You will have a track record of managing and motivating diverse and multi-disciplinary teams, display authentic and credible stakeholder engagement to successfully manage and embed change both strategically and operationally.
You will have led and coordinated budget and resource planning across complex change programmes and understand how this links into broader Finance, HR and Procurement functions across the Force.You will be a highly effective and organised individual who is able to evidence where you have won the trust of senior teams. You will be flexible and innovative in overcoming challenges as well as supporting others to achieve the same
The Successful Applicant
- Providing management and leadership of multi-functional project teams, including Change Professionals, Estates, Facilities, IS, HR etc.
- Leading the business change on large-scale technical (IT) projects / programmes.
- Working with technical design consultants, business subject matter experts, IT colleagues and business leads.
- Delivering a records management system in a large-scale organisation (desirable)
- Experience in tendering and evaluated goods and services working alongside Procurement colleagues
- Developing and delivering business change transformation
- D1eveloping Business Case for business change transformation
- Programme Planning (desirable not essential but useful to have)
- Problem Solver / Innovative Ideas around ways of working
- Supervisory Management
- Producing Financial Options and Appraisal
- Report writing
- Stakeholder Management
- Good communication and engagement skills
What's on Offer
- Based Manchester
- Full Time - Permanent
- Salary ££71,265 + Benefits