Subcontracts Procurement Manager
Large nationwide energy company
True end to end procurement
About Our Client
Leading energy company.
- Execute the Procurement plan which shall be authorised by the Head of Commercial, the Contracts Manager and the Procurement Department.
- Negotiate sole source agreements with Original Equipment Manufacturers for some specialised services.
- Negotiate advantageous commercial terms & conditions and draft contract documents in advance of legal review.
- Perform appropriate levels of due diligence on suppliers both prior to and following contract award.
- Obtain and demonstrate value for money in the total cost of acquisition of all goods and services.
- Work with Engineering & Maintenance & Operational teams to monitor supplier performance, conduct periodic reviews, and ensure that contract performance indicators are met.
- Champion and promote Environmental, Health & Safety company initiatives through formal reviews with key suppliers.
- Comply with delegations of authority and other company protocols required to authorise contracts.
- Take appropriate action where required to remedy supplier non-conformances and continuously improve supplier performance.
- Develop excellent supply chain relationships and take appropriate action to identify risk and strengthen supply chain security.
- Comply at all times with the organisations governance and other mandatory policies concerning commercial activities.
- Respond to emergency service requirements as and when they arise to ensure business continuity.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must have a proven track record of services/subcontract procurement and a preference will be shown to applicants coming from a utilities, construction or heavy engineering/manufacturing business.
- At least five years' experience of Procurement / Contract Coordination and negotiation to support engineering / engineering services activities.
- Good understanding of terms and conditions of contract, alongside the development of detailed and robust specifications and service level agreements.
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight time schedules & manage multiple tasks & prioritise such tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration with Engineering & Maintenance, Operations, Procurement, and other internal stakeholders.
- Assertiveness and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously (Including lone working at times) using own initiative.
- Proficiency in standard computer software (SharePoint, Microsoft packages Word, Excel, etc.)
- Flexibility and periodic visits to other sites.
What's on Offer
£38,000 - £45,000 + benefits