Supervising Solicitor - Birmingham Law Firm
Opportunity within Birmingham private practice
Taking the lead on supervising paralegals / legal assistants on projects
About Our Client
A large Birmingham law firm.
Are you a solicitor within a law firm looking to move away from a traditional fee earning role? Do you enjoy the hands-on responsibnilities that come with supervising paralegals and junior members of staff?
We are working with a Birmingham practice firm who are looking to bring somebody in to help manage a large team of paralegals alongside two other team leaders. The team act on a range of projects across different areas of law from corporate to real estate through to litigation. The firm is open minded on the background of the candidate in terms of their specialism.
The role will report into senior managers and you will have day to day responsibility for:
- Supervising fter a large team of paralegals - helping them deliver projects effectively on time, allocating work to them and dealing with any problems/issues
- Working to tight deadlines to deliver projects
- Working on the projects - this could range from document review through to producing documents
- Dealing with external and internal stakeholders
- Briefing teams on projects and delegating tasks effectively
This role would suit somebody who enjoys the supervisory element of being a lawyer. You will strong organisation skills and be able to manage your own workload as well as ensuring others are hitting their targets.
What the role can offer you:
- A different type of role away from a traditional fee-earning private practice position
- The chance to liaise with different stakeholders
- Working as part of a team
- A varied role across different areas of law
The Successful Applicant
This role will suit a solicitor who comes from a commercial background either in a commercial litigation field or within a transactional area of law. Due to the complexity of the matters and the projects that the team works on, this would not suit a solicitor from a personal injury background.
It's likely that you will have at least 2y PQE as a qualified solicitor. Our client will consider solicitors with a range of PQE.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, working on large scale projects.