Supplier Quality Engineer
Opportunity to join well established Defence manufacturer.
Opportunity to develop skillset.
About Our Client
My Kent based client is a Manufacturer within the Defence and Military industry. They are a well established business with multi-site and international reach.
This Kent based manufacturer is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to perform the following:
- Review and approve supplier manufacturing and inspection quality plan.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality performance of suppliers.
- Share these metrics with the purchasing teams and QMS Manager to continually evaluate the supply chain;
- Ensure supplier understanding and compliance with the group requirements;
- Determine root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and lead implementation of resolution in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate success for the role of Supplier Quality Engineer will have demonstrated the following:
- Mechanical engineering qualification demonstrated history;
- Proven track record in performing (in-process, where applicable) and final inspection(s) on parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies;
- Familiarity with manufacture methods;
- To have worked with ISO 9001 environment and ISO 10012;
- A demonstrated history of BS 8888 of the key principles required to read & interpret engineering drawings;
- Track record in applying the First Article Inspection (FAI), PPAP, 8D reporting and 5 Whys processes;
- To have worked within Quality processes in either the aerospace, military and/or defence industries;
- Professional conduct and ethics to observe relations with suppliers and clients at all levels;
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement.
- Capability to travel both nationally and internationally
What's on Offer
The Supplier Quality Engineer will benefit from a competitive salary and additional benefits.