Supplier Quality Engineer
Established and growing business
Opportunity for development
About Our Client
My client is a low-to-medium volume high-precision manufacturer of components for aerospace and industrial markets. You will play a key role in ensuring supplier performance improvement opportunities are identified and driven to conclusion.
You will play a key role in ensuring supplier performance improvement opportunities are identified and driven to conclusion.
Duties will include:
- To promote and develop the business standard requirements with suppliers
- To support final product release of new product throughout the supply-chain
- To review risk and define necessary incoming inspection activities
- To evaluate, identify and support suppliers zero defect improvement activities
- To conduct audits of suppliers systems and processes when required
- To manage and support the supplier complaints process
- To support all activities relating to supplier performance activities.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following;
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in a supplier quality role
- Knowledge and understanding of tight tolerance machining practices, and geometric tolerancing
- Recent Automotive or Aerospace experience (TS16949, or AS9100D)
- Auditor or lead auditor qualified to the above standards
- FAIR, 8D, SPC, PFMEA, PPAP, Lean principles and methodologies
- Previous supplier development experience
- Use of SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with the ability to diplomatically identify opportunities for improvement
- Able to remain neutral whilst developing and maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, pension, bonus and flexi working.