Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality/Quality Assurance Engineer
Market leading manufacturer
About Our Client
A market leading equipment manufacturer with a site in West Yorkshire.
- Undertake supplier audits in regards to conformity, reliability, quality assurance and certification to ensure compliance to applicable relevant national and international standards and specifications.
- Provide support and guidance to suppliers in regards to supplier development activities to ensure product conformity, in terms of Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD) in line with planned requirements.
- Compile and maintain supplier performance KPIs, ensuring that they continue to meet and exceed company expectations.
- Perform product validation activities including; First Article Inspections (FAI), Warranties Investigations, Non-conformities, Change Control and Product Improvement.
- Provide support where necessary to suppliers, helping to develop excellent Quality Management Systems, reducing risks to the business.
- Undertake internal audits (QHSE) and timely reporting to ensure company processes are compliant with management system requirements and their continual improvement utilising a risk-based approach.
- Work with suppliers and internal functions to ensure timely resolution of supplier technical issues.
- Promote design-for-manufacture by working with Product Engineering and suppliers.
- Compile and maintain Quality Plans, including; Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) and Control Plans.
- Perform other duties as directed by your line manager.
Carry out any other duties, tasks or projects as required by the your Line Manager.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Min. of 5 years Quality Management Systems experience
- Experience of working to management systems including ISO9001, 14001 and 45001
- Min. of HNC/HND in Engineering/Manufacturing discipline
- A proven track record with suppliers and internal customers
- Understanding of engineering drawings
What's on Offer
This is a great business to develop your skills further as well as being able to add value.