- Supplier Quality Engineer in Surrey.
- Join a leading automotive business.
About Our Client
My client is an iconic automotive business in Surrey.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with cross functional partners to drive collaborative behaviours to achieve optimum outcome for profitability.
- Ensure new supplier site sourcing is well researched to build and maintain a competent supply base.
- Support Supplier selection & development processes to achieve a self-sufficient supply base IATF 16949. Ensure Non IATF16949 suppliers deliver their certification qualification to the approved nomination plan.
- Support the implementation of APQP for all new tooled parts.
- Support robust manufacturing feasibility strategy deployment and reviews.
- Ensure that allocated suppliers meet launch / delivery commitments in line with APQP.
- Drive Supplier / part risk assessments and develop risk mitigation actions.
- Identify critical suppliers / parts that require full cross functional team engagement with the supplier.
- Provide supplier progress reporting to Purchasing and SQA program team for: APQP open issues, PPAP part pedigree prior to each build phase and PPAP delivery forecast / actual confirmation.
- Track and manage PPAP part approval to agreed delivery plan.
- Manage Non PPAP part concession process to ensure "Plan for every part" is established to support the builds.
- Deliver Quality & capacity verification in line with MDP targets.
- Drive major open issue resolution at key suppliers, to ensure Supplier senior management team are fully engaged in the resolution process.
- Develop improvement strategies with suppliers and ensure they are delivered.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven Supplier Quality Engineer within automotive, including multiple new model launches.
- Technical Engineering qualified to Degree standard, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of leading suppliers through new model launches.
- Have a working understanding of: PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA, SPC.
- Demonstrated structured approach to Problem Solving (8D).
- Practical use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and CATIA.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + attractive company benefits.