- Market leading and innovative design and manufacturing business in West Sussex
- Support the business as they scale up operations
About Our Client
Market leading and innovative design and manufacturing business in West Sussex.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
- Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
- Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
- Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
- Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
- Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
- Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
- Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
- Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Acting as Supplier Development Engineer when required, by supporting supplier improvement activities.
- Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification.
- ISO 9001:2015 qualification as minimum, ideally IATF 16949:2016.
- In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits