Supply Chain Compliance Manager
Sector-leading professional consultancy provider
Rewarding and progressive procurement environment
About Our Client
Leading professional service consultancy
Fully supported by the Procurement, Tax and Finance teams, you'll work with project managers, project directors, purchasing managers and other buyers within the business to:
- Act as the first point of contact for 'buyers' when they are considering supplier options
- Identify, understand and manage risk during procurement phase of new and existing suppliers and subcontractors, and guide appropriately as to remedial actions.
- ensure all compliance activities are completed on time, actions tracked, solutions agreed and documented and accurate timely reporting is provided
- escalation of any risks to appropriate team - Legal, Tax, Finance, further within Procurement
- Post procurement - actively managing the supply chain to continually assess and audit ongoing risks to intervals agreed and amended from time to time.
- Risks will include supply chain tax compliance (IR35) as an initial focus, closely followed by reputational supplier searches, financial stability, contractual validity, new supplier onboarding and the like.
- Further important areas for identification and reporting will be sustainability, ethics-diversity and inclusion (EDI) and supplier performance scoring
- Ensure supplier contracts are submitted as part of the compliance process - escalating any concerns appropriately and as agreed.
- Maintain accurate database(s) and records of all activities undertaken, to permit audit trails of all decisions taken. Support the migration of any legacy databases to new platforms as and when they are implemented and available for use.
- You will be supported by a compliance officer, reporting to you, in the activities above.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of providing a procurement/supply chain or similar compliance internal service in a complex environment
- Knowledge of supply chain/procurement compliance processes - SRM, Business Integrity, contracts, pre-qualification, frameworks and implementation of standards - will be an advantage
What's on Offer
Negotiable competitive salary