Supply Chain Director
Ambitious business with solid growth plans
Market leader in their sector
About Our Client
Our client is part of leading international manufacturing and retail company. They supply a wide range of products to a variety of businesses across the UK, and they have manufacturing facilities in the UK as well as around the world.
The Supply Chain Director will be required to:
- Direct the teams responsible for achieving weekly and periodic production targets
- Improve and develop the customer service function to offer better business solutions and increase repeat business
- Plan and Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver optimum operating strategies
- Manage spend and analysis of materials
- Oversee vendor management
- Negotiate contracts with key suppliers
- Be familiar with international distribution and procurement requirements
- Be a successful project manager over cross functional teams
- Develop IT engagement in order to drive Supply Chain efficiencies
- Able to demonstrate experience and success using Lean Manufacturing processes
Previous experience as a Supply Chain Director or Head of Supply Chain would be beneficial given the importance of this role.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Supply Chain Director role will
- Have the ability to drive first class operating and supply chain strategies within a time critical environment - e.g. construction sector
- Will have led customer service / customer experience teams
- Have a a high degree of IT capability to allow systems optimisation
- Have experience of leading successful improvement projects with demonstrable results
- Be able to be based in and work in Kent, as well as travelling internationally as required.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive package in accordance with skills and experience.