- Michael Page are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager
- For a leading manufacturing business in Oxfordshire
About Our Client
My client is a leading manufacturing business based in Oxfordshire
- Responsible for implementing the required processes / tools to support the IBP / S&OP process such as capacity / resource planning, accurate forecasting etc to achieve the targeted Net Promoter Score / On Time Delivery result.
- Responsible for effective Facility Planning Management (Planning, Scheduling, and Materials Control): Co-ordinates and maintains the availability of reports and information (to line supervision) in support of rapid response / replenishment demand.
- Ensures that replenishment processes and systems are in place to reduce noise and complexity, while being "in control". Ensure team provides early warning of spiked (abnormal/expected) demand to production & supply teams and supports production/supply smoothing actions.
- Understand and delivers customer needs: Responsible for promise (schedule) dates given by the facility, including Make to order / Make to Stock & Make to Request. Responsible for the day to day management of the planning team to maintain responsive and proactive relationships between the site and with Customer Service / Sales contacts responding to routine and urgent requests for information promptly and effectively.
- Challenges current processes and encourages engagement in daily/ weekly/ monthly interactions with team members. Co-ordinates, facilitates, coaches, supports and when appropriate drives team to meet their goals
- Inventory control and flow, ensuring accuracy in inventory levels, storage, PFEP,, transactions and system data. Responsible for effective warehouse management, inbound material flow, line-side replenishment and materials handling. Implements and delivers KPIs and drives improvement in inventory turns.
- Lead and supports high levels of process discipline whilst driving continuous improvement of processes and operational performance of functional responsibilities within the scope of regional/global process owner agreement.
- Leads the team providing coaching and support but acting decisively when necessary. Works with individuals to discuss, agree and engineer development moves, working collaboratively across the organisation to create career plans. which anticipates future people and organisation needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Able to credibly hold the lead role within Supply Chain / production control, internal logistics and shipping functions
- Strong background within Supply chain and Logistics Planning with the ability to implement new systems (eg. ERP / S&OP) and build effective teams able to adopt these systems to deliver a world class performance.
- Able to think strategically, and experience of translating strategy to drive operational performance
- Experience of leading change and delivering results
- Can Do- Will Do attitude and a high level of resilience
- Able to create strong representation for the company/region in tough discussions with Supply Chain partners or in local/regional/global team working.
- Good people manager
- Able to lead with integrity and role model organisational behaviours.
- Ability to build high performing effective teams
- Ability to effectively influence Stakeholders:
- Confident with VMI/consignment/SOMI, lead-time/MOQ reduction, high levels of repeatability, high integrity "leading" indicators (KPIs).
What's on Offer