- Newly created role for a growing business
- Key role in transformational projects
About Our Client
My client is a privately owned successful heavy manufacturing business that supplies goods to customers within the construction industry and are one of the leading importers in their field. With a solid focus on quality and service, they are seeking new business opportunities and are investing in site expansion and internal improvement of their systems and supply chain processes. With multiple sites across UK&I, they are a close-knit team that puts the customer first. It is this, along with flexibility and speed of response, that appeals to the market and sets them apart from their competitors.
Reporting directly to the MD, the successful candidate will sit on the senior leadership team and manage all activities of the supply chain, with the aim of continuous improvement and ensuring high OTIF service levels.
Initially the role will involve significant change management with major involvement in the project team delivering a new computer system.
Day to day responsibilities include:
· Responsible for warehousing, factory production and despatch
· Managing the planning, scheduling and supply control process
· Analysing and incorporating the variations in demand into the supply plan
· Carry out scenario modelling for the various demand hypothesis
· Integration of process improvement and system (Sage) implementation
· Manage the allocated resources through inventory, taking care to monitor all critical resources and quality standards
· Implement action plans to reduce hazards (i.e., external supply constraints, uncertainties, new developments, transfers) to maintain the agreed SLA with customers
· Create the inventory forecast and monitor progress and be accountable for inventory accuracy
· Control temporary stocks to level out production runs in relation to demand
· Manage the master production schedule and the material requirements plan validation
· Manage the detailed scheduling process, following the calculation of the material requirements. Optimise component/materials availability and stock levels
· Ensure that schedules are produced as planned and are adjusted according to the risks of the external environment and customer demand
· Ensure that deadlines are upheld to honour customer requirements by being accountable for OTTP for external and internal commitments
· Manage the overall logistics flow (incoming, internal and outgoing) including shop floor provisions
· Ensure the reliability of the data and its accuracy within the systems
· Design, measure, analyse and report KPI of the supply chain process
· Lead continual improvements throughout the supply chain
The Successful Applicant
This is an opportunity to deliver significant change to a business and it will suit candidates comfortable and confident in their decisions.
The successful candidate will:
· Have experience of implementing significant improvements throughout the supply chain in a heavy manufacturing environment
· Be experienced in leading and developing a large team
· Be a strong communicator, with the ability to make decisions and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
· Take ownership and accountability of the department
· Be able to operate on the SLT and act as an ambassador for the company
· Have in-depth knowledge of MRP, BOMS, work-centres, routings
· Be a self-starter with excellent organisational skills in planning and organising to control multiple tasks concurrently.
· Possess hands-on experience using operational excellence and continuous improvement methods
· Have advanced problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
What's on Offer
The role offers an attractive salary depending on experience.