Supply Chain Planner
Be part of a team that empower each other through teamwork & career progression
Promotion culture that offers a diverse range of training & development courses
About Our Client
A well known multinational Manufacturing business with a focus on sustainable and responsible sourcing in the South Wales market. My client is looking for a Planner from a manufacturing a background to join the current Planning team and progress within the organisation.
Be part of a team that empower each other through teamwork & career progression, Strong promotion culture on site that offers a diverse range of training & development courses for all employees.
The key responsibilities of the Planner are:
- Develop forecasts using data such as sales forecasts, shipment histories and marketing plans.
- Maintain and utilise current planning systems to create the best statistical forecast possible using established processes.
- Assess the impact of market changes or significant variances in the forecast, and recommend appropriate revisions and tactics.
- Collect past/future inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from Commercial Department and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with Commercial and purchasing departments to understand and interpret the potential impact that market trends and drivers can have and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency's.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities to relevant functional groups.
- Measure, analyse and report key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop, monitor and communicate reports on forecast accuracy to business unit and supply chain organisations, while driving continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Be proficient with MS office functions
- Have proven exposure with MRP systems (SAGE/ORACLE admirable)
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Be competent in a fast paced environment
- Analytically minded
- Ability to think outside the box
What's on Offer
25 days holiday + bank
Company phone and Laptop