Promotes personal development and growth
Enhance your supply chain knowledge
About Our Client
My client is known globally as creating the finest bikes of its type and this excellence, combined with resurgence in cycling for transport means they are enjoying strong, sustained growth over the last number of years
▪ Develop in line with Supply chain and Planning teams, the safety Stock policy of components based on business factors (ABC Classification, Forecast accuracy, PBOMs, WIP, Supplier lead times, Supplier risk, etc.)
▪ Anticipating stock demands based on current and future business functions.
▪ Analysing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory.
▪ Develop current and projected inventory reports and present suggestions to Purchasing teams
Ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials.
Suggest changes to inventory warehousing to meet increased or reduced demand.
▪ Assessing the financial structure and inventory storage capabilities of the business.
▪ Developing and maintaining ABC classification
▪ Anticipate Slow and Busy Supply (Suppliers holidays, increase global demand) and Demand Periods (Seasonality) to adjust requirement for stock holding
▪ Develop & share with Purchasing team and Suppliers, Material Requirement plans and support Suppliers in creating Capacity Contingency Plans
Advance Planning System
▪ Increase APS accuracy by ensuring stakeholders participation in maintaining items, parameters and all other inputs up to date
Inventory & Capacity
▪ Assess stock requirements impact on available storage space and develop warehouse capacity plans to support logistics
Product Lifecycle Management
▪ Coordinating components phase out with stakeholders to support appropriate warranty stock and reduce risk of distressed and obsolete stock, while limiting requirement for promotional activities.
▪ Coordinating new products with stakeholders
▪ Participating and supporting improvement of PLM processes.
Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
▪ Actively participating in S&OP process steps 3 (Supply review) to ensure supply is in line with demand.
▪ Develop current and projected inventory reports to feed S&OP process with sufficient data to enable trade off
▪ Preparing a variety of status reports in Excel and Word
▪ Contributing to continuous improvement of systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
▪ A positive, can do attitude is essential for working at Brompton
▪ Highly numerate logical thinker
▪ Strong organisational and Problem solving skills
▪ Market aware and commercially focussed
▪ Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture
▪ Must be able to work under pressure
▪ Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
▪ An understanding of Brompton's ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
▪ Passionate, determined and resourceful
▪ Structured, process driven and exceedingly organised
▪ Personable and engaging, both internally and as an ambassador for Brompton Bicycle
▪ Valid Passport and authorised to work within the UK
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain or Business with Supply Planning track
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials, ABC Classification, Safety stock rules
- Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
- 3 years' working experience in Supply Planning or Purchasing
- Experience working with ERP (Ideally Infor CSI)
- Fluent English communication skills - both verbal and written, with a confident and professional manner
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Models, S&OP, capacity planning.
- Power BI experience is a plus, though not required
- Experience leading process change through continuous improvement is a plus
What's on Offer
- Huge discount on your very own bike (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you're early in your career or an experienced professional, we provide you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few….
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching