Supply Planning Manager
Fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, dynamic and successful organisation
Planning Manager role with a focus on S&OP and supplier relationships
About Our Client
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, forward-thinking, people-orientated FMCG organisation. My client are a successful food manufacturing organisation based in the Peterborough area, supplying fantastic products into the retail industry.
They have a very stable and secure proposition, and have demonstrated high-performance and resilience during the COVID19 pandemic.
As Planning Manager based at the Peterborough site, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Achieve a product availability target of 99.5% over the year
- Responsible for setting and maintaining stock targets that consider demand variability, seasonality, minimum order quantities and lead times
- As required, support the Head of Planning with total business review of networking capital forecasting and proactively capturing and resolving unfit, slow moving and redundant stock
- Highlight and communicate where stock falls below minimum stock targets, where there is potential interruption to supply, and support commercial team to identify possible solutions / alternatives
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers to ensure alignment and full product category knowledge
- Ensure customer perceived service levels are understood, investigated and solutions implemented; where appropriate work with the Logistics Manager to make improvements to the supplier inbound supply process
- Continually look to improve our planning processes which can directly improve the stock holding position and working capital. Work to develop, simplify and standardise processes across the function
- As part of the supplier relationship team, maximise supplier performance, understand constraints, deliver optimum supply process for the business and drive continuous improvement
- Ensure sufficient packaging and ingredient stock levels for contract packers to meet production requirements whilst minimising residual and out of date stock. Ensure completion of regular stock takes and system reconciliation
- Total autonomy for the import plan for the business; balancing contract volume import and targeted stock levels, working alongside the Import Planner to measure supplier KPIs
- To ensure that the S&OP process is completed on time, has a high degree of accuracy and is efficient in its execution, providing relevant information inc. KPI's and possible opportunities/risks and offering solutions
- Supply planning representative within cross functional projects, driving continuous improvement through proactive involvement, strong communication flow and efficient delivery
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Supply Planning Manager role will be degree educated (or equivalent) and have a detailed knowledge of the S&OP process within a manufacturing environment, in line with experience of working to stringent service level targets.
You will have a good understanding of ERP processes and a high degree of proficiency in the areas of product set up, contact packing, bills of materials, production planning and MRP. The ability to investigate and resolve issues as they arise is also required.
A high degree of proficiency in Business Intelligence (BI) is also required as well as good presentation skills (Powerpoint)and advanced level use of Excel.
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a continuous drive to develop personal knowledge and develop/lead others.
What's on Offer
This is a first-class opportunity to join a truly inclusive and passionate organisation, with real opportunities for progression and development.
The successful candidate for the Supply Planning Manager role will be offered up to £50,000 plus package.