Support Services Director
New commercial international opportunity, Private sector green space role
Favourable tax regime, island jurisdiction, enviable work/life balance
About Our Client
The Falkland Islands Company are the largest private sector employer on the Islands and are well established with 169 years of proven expertise. The firm has a breadth of services, including (but not limited to) retail, insurance, housebuilding and tourist services.
This new role has come out of new and sustained growth for this Falkland Islands based private company. The Support Services Director will be looking to develop business opportunities on island with both private and public sector clients, and then work to deliver the appropriate services.
The Support Services Director responsibilities will include:
- Seek new business opportunities and help negotiate and price service offerings
- Defines and implements the overall Support Services' strategy;
- Accountable for the budget process & financial reporting;
- Develop the risk management & internal controls; Link with the external auditors and perform internal audits when required;
- Support Sales with pricing modelling for significant commercial offers.
- Support teams with due diligence checks and oversees a quality system for continuous improvement of processes;
The Successful Applicant
Looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity, the Director of Support Services will be based in the Falkland Islands for a minimum of 3 years will ideally be open to a longer term stay and relocation to join the Island community . The location affords both a one of a kind career opportunity and an enviable work/life balance. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in a similar commercial business development and delivery role will be essential to success.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Relevant Professional Qualification or Education
- Knowledge of government contracting, particularly MOD contracting would be an added bonus
- International experience and experience in multi-cultural environment
- Leadership ability to support, inspire and coach;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, open and to collaborative teamwork;
- Proficient financial and analytical skills;
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary ( £60- 80k depending on experience ) + Benefits + Relocation