Supporter Care Officer
Join a dedicated, creative and growing fundraising team
Strong customer focus and written communication skills required
About Our Client
Our client is an International Charity based in London
- Be the first point of contact for existing and new supporters, ensuring that all telephone, email, social media and postal donations are processed and responded to promptly.
- Respond to donor queries, comments and complaints, ensuring that donors are listened to and cared for at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the supporter journey, with a focus on building long-lasting relationships
- Handle and process payments, including cash, cheques, credit/debit cards and Direct Debits.
- Carry out tasks related to donation processing and reconciliation.
- Ensure that that records on the CRM database are kept up to date.
- Maintain best practice surrounding supporter care, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation such as GDPR/Data Protection Act, Gift Aid legislation and Fundraising Regulator guidelines.
- Support the development of engaging supporter care journeys and stewardship plans, including creating written copy for supporter communications.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and donors.
- Demonstrable extensive experience of providing excellent telephone and email-based customer care, including handling of complaints and queries.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of multi- channel fundraising and communication activities including copywriting.
- Experience of writing copy for supporters and fundraising.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive online research and summarise findings for colleagues clearly and concisely.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and CRM Database systems.
- Excellent organisational skills including an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and meet SLAs.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy with clear attention to detail at all times.
- Strong commitment to team working, and an ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues across the whole organisation.
- Familiarity with Fundraising databases.
- Experience of publishing social media content on behalf of an organisation.
What's on Offer
Permanent, full-time contract (37.5 hour week)
Salary £28,000-30,000 dependant on experience
Remote working initially, with potential office working later on in 2021
Supportive & creative working environment