- The primary responsibility will be for authentication services & Windows OS secu
- Part of a leading research institution with access to the latest technology
About Our Client
UEA is a world leading research institution which is based on a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 17,000 students. UEA is one of six organisations that together forms the Norwich Research Park (NRP) Partnership; home to nearly 3,000 scientists working in several world ranked institutions and a world leading centre for environment, health and plant science research. At UEA we come together from different fields to learn, innovate, collaborate and help create a better future.
The System Specialist - Authentication, Fully Remote, England duties will include:
- Delivery of authentication services and Windows OS security including:
- Upgrading and maintaining existing applications and tools, flagging conflicts to the Head of Systems.
- Ensuring appropriate security, business continuity and backups arrangements are in place.
- Ensuring that systems are configured and maintained to provide the appropriate security and resilience.
- Monitoring hardware and system performance
- Monitoring performance of contractors and suppliers
- Resolving faults, ensuring appropriate inoperability between systems and providing general support.
- Ensuring that full systems documentation is produced and maintained.
- Decommissioning systems and applications at the end of their life cycle.
- Transition to service and continual service improvement:
- Provide technical support for the Operations and Service Desk teams.
- Providing training and documentation to the Operations and Service Desk teams.
- Validate documentation
- Proactive contribution to the development of authentication services and Windows OS security including:
- Advising the technical lead and Head of Systems on the strategic direction and roadmap of this area.
- Undertaking option appraisals, selecting new systems.
- Systems design and capacity planning.
- Installation of new systems, including configuration, testing, migration, training and managing from project to live service.
- Ensuring appropriate consultation with faculties and central units about the support and development of authentication services and Windows OS security.
- Ensuring that appropriate process review work and policy redevelopment is built into system changes.
- Leading projects or project strands and contributing to projects as required
- Identifying and sourcing appropriate IT training and consultancy.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technologies in order to assist with integrating services into Infrastructure Operations systems.
The Successful Applicant
The System Specialist - Authentication, will have:
- IT related degree (or equivalent qualification) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of systems development including managing enterprise-level secure server infrastructure.
- Experience or system design, capacity planning and operational monitoring.
- Experience of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Strong experience of PowerShell and Windows command systems
To stand out, ideally you have some of the below experience:
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience of managing and deploying an enterprise-level secure server infrastructure.
- Experience of enterprise-based server OS deployment and management solutions
- Expert skills in Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Expert skills in current Microsoft Server operating systems
- Understanding of the inter-relationships between server software, operating system software, hardware and network systems.
- Experience of applying hardening benchmarks to achieve compliance requirements.
- Experience of storage area networks (SAN) including security, networking, nackups and management tools.
- Experience of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Experience of network based services, DHCP/DNS, SNMO, CIFS (SMB) and NFS
What's on Offer
The System Specialist, Remote Based Role, England will receive:
- Base salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- Remote based position
- Fantastic, comprehensive benefits package
'To find out more about working at UEA please click here'