System Technician Mechanic
Flexible working hours
Well-known and inspirational organisation
About Our Client
The organisation has been saving lives at sea for nearly 200 years. They respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within their teams, and consider it essential to deliver a world-class lifesaving service. They are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. The organisation is therefore seeking candidates who work towards their goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024.
The key responsibilities of the System Technician Mechanic
- You will be expected to work closely with various members of staff to carry out planned & reactive maintenance, including fault diagnosis & repair on various pieces of equipment. This could be anything from the range of specialist equipment to vehicles.
- Part of your duties as a Systems Technician will include trials of existing, repaired or new equipment so you will need to possess and demonstrate an excellent Mechanical ability. The primary role is for a Mechanical position, but you will also need some electrical/electronic knowledge. You should have a desire to stay current in the use of existing technology and a willingness to learn and be involved in the roll out of new equipment and technology which is constantly changing within search and rescue equipment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of System Technician Mechanic
- The role as a Systems Technician requires a minimum Level 3 qualification (NVQ, City and Guilds or equivalent) in a mechanical engineering discipline, ideally with knowledge of high-speed diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electronic control systems and the use of electronic diagnostic equipment. You should have completed a time-served apprenticeship in engineering.
- This role is suitable for someone that is self-motivated and willing to go that extra mile, working either as a part of a team or under their own initiative to the highest of standards with a first fix approach to return assets back on service as soon as possible. The candidate will need to take on new ideas and undertake training.
- This post requires a valid driving licence.
- As this is a sea-going appointment, you will need to satisfy the institution's medical and eyesight standards.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days holiday per year
- Health/Dental cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including online learning and in-house training courses
- A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties