Systems Admin / IT Admin / Networks / Manchester
Work for a rapidly growing company.
Shadow and learn from an experienced IT professional.
About Our Client
Fast growing company based in Trafford.
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardware, software and related infrastructure, ensuring that related procedures adhere to organisational values.
- Installing new and rebuilding workstations, servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrading administrative tools and utilities.
- Configuring/adding new services as necessary.
- Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimisation as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Managing user access and admin rights across software systems used within the company.
- Helping with procurement and cost tracking against budgets of hardware and software throughout the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of networking and domain management.
- Strong understanding of setting up and maintaining mobile phones.
- Experience working on an IT helpdesk.
- Good knowledge of networking/VPN tunnel setup.
- Understand how to setup and deploy mobile devices.
- 1+ years of system administration experience.
- A Microsoft Systems Administrator/Systems Engineer certification (a Unix/Linux/AWS certification would also be desirable)
Ideally exposure to working with the following:
- Active Directory
- IIS Management
- Windows Management and Installation
- Windows Update Server
- Windows Policy Management
- Network (including Wi-Fi, VPN, routers) Installation and Administration
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V preferable)
- SAN administration
- iOS App Store and Google Play Store release process
- Linux/Nginx Server Installation and Administration
What's on Offer
Competitive rate of pay and benefits on offer.