- A Renowned Charitable Organisation in the Heart of Birmingham
- An Opportunity to Strategically Shape the Financial Future of the Organisation
About Our Client
My clients are a renowned charitable organisation with a global reputation based in the heart of Birmingham.
The priority of the Systems Project Accountant will be to review and develop the management information and associated systems to help the organisation achieve its ambitious plans for the future. This includes but not limited to
- Working with the Finance Manager to look at financial reporting packages to sit alongside its Great Plains Software to create a suite of reporting information to support the individual budget holders through to the Board, funders and other stakeholders
- Review the interfaces between finance and other key business systems including CRM/ticketing, HR, payroll and expenses management to ensure that systems are appropriate and efficient. This includes review of compliance implications such as tax, PCI, fundraising compliance, GDPR
- Supporting the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer complete the complex application process for the next funding programme through financial modelling and development of the financial management framework to deliver, track and monitor progress against the proposed plan.
As Systems Project Accountant, your key responsibilities;
- Ensure full understanding of the company strategy, mission and values to 'unpack' business plans and translate in to a business delivery framework with demonstrable financial outputs/outcomes and tangible business benefits (KPI's)
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of colleagues and stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Build trust quickly and effectively, understand and adapt, gather information efficiently and recommend solutions persuasively.
- Act as a 'critical friend' to challenge and encourage colleagues to explore opportunities and alternatives.
- Use a consultancy type approach to influence ideas, project scope, direction and outcomes.
- Apply business acumen and knowledge of technology, processes, people and systems to identify opportunities to deliver financial/business systems and processes more efficiently
- Create and manage documentation for programmes of work.
- Identify, contribute to and manage projects including in identifying risks, issues and inter-dependencies.
- Elicit information from a variety of sources and articulate and/or document information so that it is accurately disseminated and easily understood.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Systems Project Accountant position will have/be able to demonstrate the following
- A qualified accountant with relevant business and systems analysis experience including process mapping and project management
- Supporting organisational processes and decision-making by understanding wider business issues without losing sight of the detail
- Problem solving and issue resolution
- An excellent team player with well-developed leadership, convening and collaboration skills
- Independent working with drive, enthusiasm and a 'can do' attitude
- Business process modelling to review and simplify financial and business systems
- Mapping information and data into process documentation
- Understanding of a not for profit ethos in combination with commercial acumen
- Personal gravitas. Able to influence and lead. The individual will need to be able to take plans and help translate them into effective delivery
- Ability to review processes and systems for duplications, waste and identify 'best fit'
- Personal resilience and experience of working on transformation projects/re-engineering work
- Has experience of influencing evolution, adaptation and transformation
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and excellent listening skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Day Rate or Fixed Term Contract for a period of up to 12 months.