- Newly created Talent Manager for a luxury student residence provider in Oxford
- Responsible for end to end attraction, recruitment and retention of top talent
About Our Client
The UK's leading operator of luxury student accommodation, working closely with their partners to deliver an exceptional student experience in some of the most innovative schemes in leading University towns and cities.
The key to the rapid growth of this business has been their unrelenting focus on delivering excellence in every aspect of their role, and working with like-minded partners who share their vision.
- Develop and maintain a workforce plan aligned with the Business Plan.
- Develop a strategy for attracting potential recruits, including detailed analysis of appropriate competencies within competitors, as well as adjacent sector spaces.
- Achieve ambitious recruitment targets across a range of professional disciplines and through multiple channels.
- Develop and deliver induction programmes for new recruits and TUPE staff.
- Develop and deliver training programmes for both new recruits requiring additional skills development to perform their roles, and for existing employees enabling them to develop their careers and grow into future roles.
- To ensure performance management is carried out effectively throughout, including training line managers in delegation, coaching, and mentoring skills, dealing with poor performance, providing feedback and conducting appraisals.
- Develop succession plans for key positions 3-5 years out and identify and maintain a base of potential candidates for these positions, providing them with appropriate development and training to be effective successors.
- In conjunction with the HR Director and SMT, define appropriate compensation and benefits packages that tie into the performance management process.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (colleagues, university partners, shareholding and bid partners, etc.), as well as immediate HR colleagues.
- Working with and supporting the HR Co-Ordinator with the New Starter processes including new starter paperwork, reference checks and implementing the DBS process.
- Supporting and assisting the HR Director with HR projects and working with the HR Team to help cover as and when required with transactional HR matters (payroll, restructuring, TUPE, Employee Relations, etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of working directly with executive leadership in developing and executing recruitment and development strategies in the services and/or hospitality sectors.
- Strategic thinker, able to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant, succinct advice and lead the implementation of major initiatives.
- Numerate, with an ability to translate non-financial activities and outcomes into measurable reporting to enable the board to assess and track efficacy.
- Excellent written communication skills in preparing correspondence, recruitment campaigns, presentations and reports
- Communication skills which promote positive relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate HR related initiatives and outcomes to a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Positive can-do attitude, with drive, initiative and common sense
- Excellent at building, and working effectively within, teams
- Thinks laterally, creatively and strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, with an aptitude for cultivating networks and an ability to develop and maintain highly effective internal and external relationships
- Energetic, passionate and driven with a desire to achieve outstanding and ensure the highest standard of outcomes
What's on Offer
25 days' holiday
Pleasant and friendly working environment