- Producing key tariffs to tight deadlines including annual billing process
- Liaise with external assurers to review and quality check internal tariff models
About Our Client
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Producing key tariffs to tight deadlines including annual billing process, billing to other Water/ Sewerage companies where we bill on their behalf, developer services tariffs to developers
- As part of the annual billing and tariff setting process collect relevant customer data and numbers from internal reports, produce forecasts of future usage and customer numbers. Support in the process of tariff publication, both indicative in October and final in January.
- Liaise with external assurers to review and quality check internal tariff models and be the lead with audit on the model
- Manage questions from Ofwat regulator or CC Water to tight deadlines, obtaining relevant internal sign off.
- On a monthly basis provide analysis of revenue and tariffs, identifying sources of variances from budgets
- Set forecasts and budgets from tariff model of in year and future years budgets and forecasts.
- Working closely with retail and finance teams to automate, improve and provide better financial reporting and insight
- Monthly review and preparation of debtors balance, bad debt provision, for reporting to group financial controller and group CFO.
- Key contact for managing the relationship with water and sewerage companies, providing weekly reporting and regular updates with key stakeholders
- Assist in all regulatory task reporting to the Regulation Manager
- Liaise with other teams that provide non-financial data for external assurance
- Support 5 year business planning for Ofwat submission.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Activity based costing and analysis of data
- Building relationships with external audit
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others.
- Can work in a time pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes and systems
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus and Benefits