Tax Assistant Manager - GCT Transformation, London
Big 4 Accountancy Firm - London
Tax Assistant Manager - GCT Transformation
About Our Client
Big 4 accounting firm recruiting a Tax Assistant Manager - GCT Transformation
The team consists of:
Clients include listed and non listed multinationals - compliance audit and tech reporting ad hoc advisory
You will be able to demonstrate strong tax and developing project management skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to clients. This role offers a candidate the ability to apply their Tax skills in a unique and innovative way. The candidate will work across the service lines within Tax & Legal to define propositions leveraging ERP, tax determination, compliance and data & analytics technology. The candidate will gain experience across the lifecycle of a transformation project, assisting with business development and go to market activities as well as managing the development of new data solutions and leading the deployment of solutions to some of the world's largest businesses.
The team also has a focus on innovation, with a defined target of working with the entire Tax & Legal practice to prototype new technology ideas. The candidate will have the opportunity to partake in requirements discovery and rapid development of these prototype applications.
They have a diverse client base, from mid-market to FTSE listed groups, from public sector to real estate to financial services. The role involves working on clients of all sizes and across a wide range of sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Tax Transformation team and wider tax practice to develop marketable propositions based around the use of our propositions, solutions and technology;
- Assist the business development process to progress leads to sales;
- Oversee output of offshore resource in order to deliver client projects;
- Assist clients with implementation of technology solutions,
- Work with the client directly to understand their requirements including potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate;
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis;
- Coaching and technical support for other more junior team members.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable interest in/background in technology including highly proficient Excel usage is essential;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience managing stakeholders as part of project delivery;
- Experience of review of tax process, including compliance processes;
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues or escalate as appropriate;
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets;
- Project management or Agile development qualifications would be helpful but are not essential;
- Ability to build and execute strong internal and external relationships;
- Ability to work autonomously, as a self-starter with the confidence to make their own decisions;
- A corporate or indirect tax background is preferable;
- Ability to work in teams to deliver projects to agreed deadlines and budgets, even under pressure.
What's on Offer
They are offering full time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.