Tax Assistant Manager - M&A Infrastructure, London
Big 4 Accountancy Firm
M&A Infrastructure tax assistant manager
About Our Client
The M&A Tax Group focus specifically on providing tax advice in connection with UK and international transactions. Transactions typically ranging in size from £10m upwards, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services and working closely with clients and colleagues in Deal Advisory (transaction services, corporate finance, separation and integration).
The Infra Deals Tax Group focuses specifically on providing tax advice on UK and international infrastructure transactions, a sector that remains increasingly buoyant. The team work alongside fund/investor clients and colleagues in Transaction Services on large global transactions across sub-sectors like renewables, digital, telecoms and utilities, providing tax structuring, tax modelling and tax due diligence services.
- Perform detailed analysis of the tax numbers in the financial statements and other primary documents e.g. tax computations and returns.
- Collaborate with other UK and overseas tax teams to provide input into due diligence and structuring deliverables, critically analysing and challenging their input.
- Understand financial models and analyse underlying tax assumptions.
- Read and analyse due diligence reports, highlighting key topics and issues and drafting questions to a Vendor due diligence team.
- Prepare draft reports summarising findings for manager/SM's review, including the use of visualised outputs (e.g. tables, charts, graphs, timelines etc.).
- Monitor work-in-progress and provide timely reports to senior members of the team to facilitate fee discussions.
Team work, coaching and developing people
Interaction with counterparties to a transaction
Individuals will be required to assist in the identification of and management of risks to ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented. The individual will:
- Assist with preparation of the project files according to internal Risk Management requirements.
- Assist with engagement and client on-boarding.
- Assisting with project delivery, including drafting of hold-harmless and assumption of responsibility letters.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative to drive projects forward
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to build and sustain client relationships
What's on Offer
Flexible working and competitive package