Tax Compliance - Indirect Tax
Indirect Tax Compliance Consultant
London - Part Qualified or Qualified
About Our Client
International expansion presents companies with enormous opportunities, but with those opportunities comes the steep learning curve of setting up operations in each country. Every new country presents unique challenges related to employment, taxation, payroll, compliance, culture and work environment. Navigating those waters swiftly, efficiently and with minimal risk can be tricky at best. For companies already operating in multiple countries, the pain of managing multiple vendors with minimal visibility into operational detail can be a huge burden.
- The role is predominantly an indirect tax compliance role with a strong emphasis on the timely and accurate delivery of indirect tax returns for clients in a number of countries. This includes having overall responsibility for an allocation of clients across several countries.
- To execute the delivery of indirect tax compliance services in accordance with company processes including the operation of systems and databases used to track and record compliance events.
- Assist the Senior Manager in identifying Indirect Tax services offerings and opportunities and work with internal resources to promote such offerings to existing and prospective clients.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to effectively deliver accurate and timely Indirect Tax compliance services for clients.
- Assist in the development of the Indirect Tax compliance offering, including, but not limited to, supporting the team (including colleagues based in other locations) to ensure quality and risk are properly maintained and managed.
- Act as first point of contact for a number of specified key client accounts, in relation to Indirect Taxes, in order to support the rest of the business in delivering world class services to clients.
- Handle audits and enquiries as well as registrations and other items which require direct contact with the local tax authority.
- Support the Senior Manager in identifying and communicating relevant changes in legislation and policy which will impact clients from an Indirect Tax perspective, through team meetings and marketing tools such as blogs and webinars.
The Successful Applicant
- A CTA or AIIT qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
- Strong track record of managing a large portfolio of indirect tax compliance events across multiple jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax on an international basis is preferred although not essential.
What's on Offer