Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager
High grade tax advisory role in a rapid growth Real Estate Investment Group
Quick Turnaround Process - Virtual Interviews - Remote Onboarding as required
About Our Client
A rapid growth real estate investment and development group, offices in London. Working across real estate, retail, hospitality, co-working, serviced accommodation and residential accommodation. After recent acquisitions across the property space in prime London locations, the portfolio has grown to £4 billion and continues to grow.
The Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager will support the Head of Tax and wider tax team in respect of all tax matters (primarily planning, advisory and project focused) and develop a robust and effective compliance function in supporting the Compliance Manager. With significant exposure to UK and non-UK tax matters you will have the opportunity to drive improvements in the group's tax processes. Given the rapid expansion of the business, changing tax landscape and small team size, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and will develop a broad skill set.
- Advise on group transactions (working with advisors, head of tax and the wider business) such as:
- corporate or property acquisitions and disposals including due diligence
- corporate restructuring,
- intragroup lease restructuring and
- bank refinancing
- Provide the business with tax forecasts, for group decisions
- Monitor and advise on the impact of legislative changes
- Transfer pricing policy review / implementation of recommendations, working with advisors
- Responding to HMRC enquiries and helping to build relationships
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting, supporting the Compliance Manager during busy periods
The Successful Applicant
The Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager role provides a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced tax professional who is looking to develop and utilise their current skillset, knowledge and experience in a vibrant fast paced environment.
The successful Tax Manager or Senior Manager must be qualified and skilled as below:
- Fully qualified CTA/ACA
- Practical experience of real estate tax matters such as SDLT, non-resident landlord regime, CIS, ATED
- A high degree of computer literacy, with strong Excel spread sheet skills
Vital in this role is attitude. This business is incredibly fast paced, so candidates must be flexible as business needs dictate, shifting priorities at short notice. Key to this will be an:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that moves at an incredibly fast pace (think tech or private equity pace but with real estate materiality / figures
- Keen to learn and develop - this is primarily a planning, advisory and projects focused and not a compliance only role so there is significant potential for development and growth for a proactive candidate
- Ability to work independently, researching where unsure and bringing recommendations to the Head of Tax
The appropriate level of applicant will be at Manager and Senior Manager level.
What's on Offer
On offer for the Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager:
- 70,000-90,000 (salary dependent on experience level) + bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Development - significant potential for development and growth
- Work with a high performing, enthusiastic and dynamic team and ability to develop your career with support from the tax team