FTSE 250 In House Tax Manager
Newly created In House Tax Manager posistion
About Our Client
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We are no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we are committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share in bricks over the past 10 years.
We will achieve our mission by delivering against our three strategic pillars:
Driving sustainable performance:
- we will continually develop new organisational capabilities to drive world-class performance across our operations. We will focus on health and safety, operational excellence and continuous improvement and sustainability.
Market led innovation:
- we will build upon our unrivalled product range, delivering further innovation to support the changing needs of our customers and the built environment. We have developed commercial excellence initiatives and will optimise our supply chain to maximise value.
- we are well positioned to invest in further organic growth projects and selective M&A opportunities.
As the Tax Manager you will report into the Head of Tax and be responsible for:
Coordinating the preparation and completion of the UK corporation tax returns outsourced to our tax advisers. This will include managing the tax information gathering process and production of iXBRL accounts on a timely basis as well as considering the impact of key issues such as:
- Capital allowances claims
- RDEC claims
- Patent box
- Transfer pricing
- Corporate interest restriction calculations
- Share options deduction
- Group relief planning
- Other relevant claims and elections
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into the corporation tax returns
- Managing the quarterly corporation tax instalment payments
Group Reporting and Statutory Accounts
- Preparing tax budgets and forecasts
- Preparing the consolidated tax position along with associated tax disclosure notes for interim and full year group reporting under IFRS
- Preparing the tax figures and associated disclosure tax notes under FRS 102 for inclusion in statutory accounts
Other taxes, levies and duties
- Preparing the PAYE Settlement Agreement returns for the UK businesses
- Reviewing P11D returns prepared by the UK businesses
- Preparing quarterly Aggregates Levy returns
- Gaining on-the-job experience in relation to other main heads of tax - e.g. PAYE/NIC and VAT compliance
Supporting the Head of Tax in relation to:
- Group tax planning
- Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) compliance
- Tax strategy and governance procedures
- M&A projects
- HMRC annual business risk review
The Successful Applicant
You should hold a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA and/or CTA) and have at least two year's post qualification experience in corporate tax compliance as well as experience in both IFRS and FRS 102 tax accounting.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability able to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority are essential as you will be working closely with colleagues across the businesses including Finance, Human Resources, Company Secretarial, Treasury, Payroll and Pensions as well as managing the day to day relationship with HMRC.
You will be working in a tax team of two so being a proactive and self-motivated team player is a must as is the ability to work with minimum supervision.
What's on Offer
Market Leading Basic Salary, Plus Bonus and Benefits