Great opportunity for a first time mover thinking of a varied industry role!
Prefect opporunity for a Tax Manager to enhance their career
About Our Client
My client are a leading manufacturing business with a presence in the UK and Europe.
- Preparing tax provisions and Tax notes to be included in the financial statements (at both group and entity level) under FRS 102.
- Preparing quarterly and half yearly group tax provisions
- Preparing some annual corporation tax computations and returns and liaising with advisers to prepare then remainder including undertaking a first review of these.
- Drafting technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC include dealing with enquires where applicable
- Managing a group's tax position specifically with regards to group loss planning, corporate interest restriction, Country - by - Country reporting, capital allowance reviews, R&D tax credits, transfer pricing and Patent Box.
- Reviewing the monthly VAT returns for the group and any single entity returns
- Supporting the group in implementing Phase 2 of Making Tax Digital for VAT
- Preparing the Group's annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing tax input to any M&A activity
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and best practice and considering how they will apply to the group
- Having responsibilities for continuous improvement in the group tax function to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
- Being a key contact for the groups' finance team, HMRC and external advisers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA, ACA or CTA newly qualified
- Have a background in Indirect Tax or Corporation Tax
- Be highly numerate and commercially aware
- Have strong communications and team skills
- Have personal responsibility for delivery
What's on Offer
Offer to the candidate:
- Competitive Salary
- A chance to work in a past faced environment which will challenge you