- Tax compliance and reporting
- Leading retail group
About Our Client
Headquartered in London, this leading retail group has more than 4,000 outlets in 32 countries.
Based in London, the Tax Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of the UK corporation tax returns and calculation of payments on account.
- Assisting with the year and interim group reporting process including calculation of tax provisions
- Supporting the Group Tax Director with the provision of tax advice for the business
- Supporting Finance with any queries relating to the submission of VAT returns and other indirect tax filings group wide
- Supporting the Tax Director with HMRC tax audits and ad-hoc queries from overseas fiscal authorities
- Working closely with the Group Tax Director to keep up to date with developments in tax legislation and their implications for the Business.
- Supporting the Group Tax Director on other tax matters including employment tax advice and R&D claims
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders including Finance, Treasury and Legal and external stakeholders including HMRC, Auditors and Tax Advisors
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this application you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience in Direct Tax compliance but also keen to gain experience in other taxes including VAT and Employment Taxes.
- Ideally you will be part qualified, but this is not essential and more important is the ability to show initiative and 'a can do' attitude.
- Being organised to meet deadlines, working together and being a key member of the wider Finance team are important requirements of the role.
What's on Offer
£60k+ plus benefits package