Contribute to a growing tax function at an exceptional practice firm.
Joining as an integral and crucial member of a growing Tax team.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit a Tax Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the firm is looking for an individual who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- To deliver an effective and efficient personal and corporate tax compliance function for the practice including owner managed business and groups;
- Manage a portfolio of personal and corporate tax cases in Newport;
- To build on the firm's relationship with its clients;
- To deal with communication and telephone matters with HMRC;
- To develop and maintain the highest standards of personal and corporate tax compliance;
- To identify and communicate opportunities for tax planning;
- To control and manage systems for personal and corporate tax compliance and ensure effective communication with other departments and offices where necessary;
- Responsibility for ensuring that all filing and reporting deadlines are met on a timely basis; and
- Assist with the training of junior staff;
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- ATT and/or CTA qualified, or ACA qualified;
- Experience of tax planning including reorganisations, share schemes, SEIS/EIS, tax clearances, incorporations, remuneration plans etc;
- Experience of HMRC enquiries;
- Experience of R&D tax claims
- Preparation of partnership tax computations and returns;
- Previous use of CCH software;
- Knowledge of VAT;
- Knowledge of Inheritance Tax;
- Knowledge of other taxes, eg SD, SDLT;
- Significant experience with an accountancy organisation;
- Preparation of personal and business tax computations and returns;
- Proven record of client portfolio management;
- Experience of dealing with HMRC to resolve disputes and potential disputes quickly and efficiently;
- Significant knowledge of Corporation Tax;
- Knowledge of Income tax;
- Knowledge of Capital Gains Tax;
- Communication i.e. ability to write reports, letters, emails etc;
- Highly developed organisational skills; and
- Flexible to work longer hours when required e.g. to meet deadlines and projects and to work in other offices if required.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on experience);
- Great Benefits;
- Progressive role (scope for partner); and
- Leadership and strategy responsibilities.