- Fantastic Brand who have remained dominant in a challenging market
- Flexible working (2 days from home)
About Our Client
Our client is a dominant player within their field and has gone from strength to strength despite a very challenging year. Their plans going forward would be really exciting for the potential candidate as the business continues to grow.
- Partner with finance and business leaders and work cross-functionally with global tax team, finance leaders, treasury, legal, and external advisors to provide tax advice and guidance, especially VAT/indirect tax.
- Provide technical guidance on direct and indirect tax implications of business transactions including supply chain changes, mergers & acquisitions, including supporting local credits and incentives.
- Assist with US tax reporting and tax accounting process within European region including the preparation and review of local tax provisions.
- Define requirements and help manage key indirect tax technology projects.
- Develop and maintain SOX compliance, internal controls, and procedures related to indirect tax.
- Provide regular communications to management regarding the evolving indirect tax and digital tax landscape and impacts on the business
- Perform and communicate results of tax research in written and verbal format on various topics such as income and indirect taxes, current and pending legislation, withholding taxes, or customs matters to provide business decision-makers with proposals for consideration.
- Assist with transfer pricing matters including the development and execution of transfer pricing strategy, documentation, and compliance in European region.
- Manage statutory financial statement and tax compliance processes with external advisors in select European jurisdictions.
- Assist with European region controversy matters as well as support and/or manage local tax audits where applicable.
- Assist in ensuring global income and indirect tax compliance, primarily in EMEA region.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualification in Finance, Accounting or Economics with further qualification as Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent background
- Excellent, proven knowledge and experience with international tax matters
- Strong European VAT technical knowledge and an ability to independently problem solve commercial situations.
- Self-starter with strong analytical/technical skills and attention to detail who is comfortable in a fast-paced, startup type environment and can handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to distill complex tax/VAT technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.