Contribute to a growing tax function at an exceptional practice firm.
Exciting opportunity for a Tax Senior to take the next step in their Tax career.
About Our Client
A leading accountancy practice undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Tax Senior role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Senior position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients.
- To assist the client relationship mangers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisory such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm.
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns.
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Tax Senior role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- At least 3 years of practice experience.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field.
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing tax a advisory function with profitable returns.
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences.
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firms open style to new work streams and methods.
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential.
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning.
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief.
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions.
What's on Offer
Fantastic office location.
Well established, supportive team.
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career such as Partner opportunities.