Tax Superviser - North London
Growing 5 partner accountancy firm
About Our Client
My client is a well-established and progressive firm of accountants based in North West London.
Services include accounting, auditing, tax, financial planning, payroll and business consultancy. Their main client focus is owner-managed businesses, small to medium sized companies, business start-ups, and UK subsidiaries of overseas groups.
- Assisting the partner in charge of the department in the overall smooth running of the department.
- Supervising and training of team members within the department.
- Planning compliance work and controlling work schedules of tax staff.
- Reviewing and in some cases, dealing with tax compliance work, ready for submission to HMRC.
- Working with partners to ensure adequate and appropriate fee recoveries on assignments.
- Where relevant, dealing with Capital Gains, Trust and Inheritance Tax and assisting the Partners in ensuring that the best advice is tailored for the client.
- Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm's clients.
- Assisting the Partners in the marketing and further development of the tax function with the firm.
- Developing client and intermediary relationships, managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and handling day to day queries.
- Assisting the partners in the Recruitment and Appraisal process.
- Working with the training partner to ensure that all technical and soft skills, if applicable, training for the Tax Department is maintained up to date, including CPD where appropriate.
- Ensuring that, overall, the department meets the requirement of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Standards.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified and practice exposure.
What's on Offer