- Excellent opportunity to join a vital charity in the centre of Oxford
- This role will suit someone with experience working in the homelessness sector
About Our Client
Homeless Oxfordshire is on a mission to enable homeless people to have a safe space in which they can begin to take control of their own lives. We provide a wide range of short-term accommodation with access to high quality support and initiatives. Our aim is that homeless people will learn how to manage a tenancy, have improved self-esteem, a more positive self identity and gain the skills that will enable them to move on, live and succeed with greater independence.
We do this through the provision of a wide range of different types of accommodation. Homeless Oxfordshire's current portfolio consists of a range of properties which are either leased from Private Sector Landlords or accommodation owned by Registered Providers in which we act as either lease holders, housing managers or support providers. We also own several properties.
We are at an exciting juncture as we embark on the second year of our corporate strategy, focusing on transitioning our property portfolio. The political landscape is changing and there is an increasing focus on housing led and rapid re-housing approaches. We are working to ensure greater choice and flexibility in the provision of our accommodation, working with social property investors to transform our existing portfolio and to expand our reach so that we continue to have a meaningful and sustainable impact on increasingly vulnerable homeless people.
The key responsibilities of the Team Manager will be:
- Ensure the effective delivery of high-quality care, support and housing management according to Homeless Oxfordshire policies and procedures.
- Work with the Head of Support Services to:
- Ensure that all contractual obligations and management agreement standards are met.
- Ensure that there is full compliance with the commissioning requirements and the Charity's policies & procedures.
- Ensure that service provision, requirements and expectations are known to all Homeless Oxfordshire employees.
- Monitor performance indicators and standards of service.
- Ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date and provide training and advice on policies, procedures and good practice to team and ensure compliance.
- Report any safeguarding concerns without delay and inline with procedures to the Head of Support Services.
- Ensure the smooth running of the services you are responsible for and your team. This may include arranging and managing rotas which should be fairly allocated.
- Ensure that IT systems are updated as required and concise record keeping is completed promptly.
- Take responsibility for financial processes including debt recovery and budget management according to Homeless Oxfordshire policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, relatives, carers, professionals, commissioners, contractors and the local community.
- Ensure your team maintain positive client satisfaction by being respectful and demonstrating effective communication and service to clients.
- Manage complaints and suggestions in line with to Homeless Oxfordshire policies and procedures.
- Ensure your team are aware of and include their clients in Client Participation during their time using Homeless Oxfordshire services.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation changes for housing support and care.
- Ensure that Homeless Oxfordshire's Equal Opportunities Policies are complied with and promoted across your team.
- Represent Homeless Oxfordshire at strategic and inter-agency meetings as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Team Manager role will be:
- An understanding of the needs of homeless people
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory services available to homeless people
- An understanding of housing laws & the benefits system
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and risk assessment methodology
- Significant experience of working with homeless people
- Significant experience of working with clients with mental health, drug or alcohol problems
- Experience of managing a team
- Sound understanding of broader environmental factors and Homeless Oxfordshire's goals.
What's on Offer
Homeless Oxfordshire are offering a salary circa £30,000 and development