£25 - £40 per hour (£51,996 - £83,194)
Leading global automotive supplier
Looking for a technical buyer
About Our Client
Global automotive tier 1 company.
- Achieve annual material cost reductions and ensure on-time launches for new product developments. This will involve constant contact with the existing supply base, evaluating new potential suppliers, market analysis, organising supplier meetings, visiting suppliers, benchmarking, re-sourcing activities and contract negotiations.
- Generate cost reduction programs by conducting and leading Brainstorming Sessions (teardowns, non-proliferation & VA/VE) to achieve the Cost Reduction targets
- Creates and manages a pipeline of saving programs and drives the team for on time movement of ideas from draft through execution
- Create and implement the most beneficial initiatives and sourcing strategies in line with commodity & business strategy
- Leverage best practices across product base and create strong manufacturing cost awareness
The Successful Applicant
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and prioritisation skills
Strong communication and team building skills
- Strong project management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution
- Ability to negotiate with global suppliers
- At least 3 years of experience in cost reduction/idea generation/value engineering activities
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package.