Technical Commercial Manager
Very successful business with fantastic technical offering
Really nice leadership role, part of the senior management team.
About Our Client
Well established international manufacturer offering critical engineered solutions to varied domains that include Marine, Defence, Automotive, Aerospace and O&G.
Candidates will have previous experience leading a team in commercial within an engineering environment at senior manager level. The role includes managing the response to RFQ's and technical queries, processing sales orders, approving customer drawings for manufacture and coordinating export licenses.
This role is a key part of the senior management team and reports directly to the General Manager.
The Technical Commercial Manager will:
- Manage the complete sales process for the site.
- Manage the customer services and technical team to satisfy quote response and order book KPI's.
- Maintain a pricing structure for the different international regions and market segments that will grow the business.
- Interface with customers directly or in conjunction with the in country centres and Key Account Managers
- Act as main contact point for Government agencies/Trade Associations/ Academic Groups/Standards Authorities relating to the marine market.
- Act as lead project manager for significant sales orders with strategic customers.
- Provide customers, distributors and agents with the relevant technical support in case of new applications or improvement request.
- Establish and implement KPI's to monitor and improve the performance of the commercial activity in the company, e.g quote conversion ratio,
The Successful Applicant
The Technical Commercial Manager will have:
- Track record in an industrial setting with a technical appreciation if not a Degree
- Success in a commercial management role in manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge in establishing pricing strategies to grow business in identified markets.
- Knowledge of composite materials is preferable
- Develop a business strategy and translate it into opportunities and commercial priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts and implement/suggest solutions
- Demonstrate ability to understand/calculate production cost
- Independently make accurate quotations to the customers
- Review and optimise product costs and process parameters
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
What's on Offer
£60,000 + car allowance + plus bonus