Rapidly growing region with still further ambitious growth plans
Progressive developer with a focus on employee welfare
About Our Client
UK leading house builder operating on a regional model. Within the technical team, work is mixture of production in-house and utilising external consultants. This role sits within one of their newest regions, which was a strategic move to ensure measured and sustainable growth, without compromising quality.
As a business, they are receptive to change and ideas in order to put quality and their customer's first - whether they be their own employees or more directly home buyers. Refreshingly they have moved away from a cost-centric attitude and are now focused on looking at what value can be added and its positive impact.
This is a diverse role within a housebuilder featuring several critical elements of preconstruction with a focus on Masterplanning, Planning and Building Technology. You will be working fluidly across these three areas predominately coordinating information from internal and external stakeholders with the primary objective of receiving necessary approvals and permission to move a scheme forward to start on site, and throughout the build. Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise and work directly with the Civil Engineers to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically buildable and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
- Appoint, brief, challenge and assist all necessary consultants in their delivery of design planning and building technology information for tendering and building purposes in a timely and coordinated manor.
- Help prepare and maintain project tracking schedules and regularly update & report to the relevant manager on progress against agreed design delivery programs that meet the Company's project procurement requirements leading up to and including pre-tender handover to the Commercial Department.
- Submit all necessary material to statutory authorities to discharge planning conditions; NHBC conditions.
- Chair/Present Pre-Tender Meetings and attend & contribute to Site Progress Meetings.
- Coordinate the communication and distribution of design drawings and specifications to the wider business as a matter of priority using the relevant document management procedures.
- Liaise with/ communicate to the rest of the business the roles and responsibilities of those directly responsible for the delivery of other obligations. e.g S106 payments and obligations.
- Issue, monitor and record all of the above in line with company procedure.
- Provide technical back up and advice to all other departments where needed
- Work within the company's H&S policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally have a few years' experience working within the residential sector, either directly for a house builder or with a practice specialising in residential design. You will have a broad knowledge of preconstruction processes in order to move a development forward from sketch feasibility through to start on site. Key areas of knowledge include:
- NHBCs and Building Regulations
- Planning processes
- Understanding of engineering processes
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook).
- You will be working with various stakeholders both internal and external and as such clear communication is vita
What's on Offer
Competitive starting salary with benefits package to include car/car allowance, private healthcare and bonuses. It is an exciting time to be joining this business as they have enjoyed several years of growth and recently transformed to gain 5* status, and will continue to invest in you as they go from strength to strength.