- Top 10 UK developer with strong growth plans
- Hybrid role incorporating all aspects of Technical.
About Our Client
National developer building homes predominantly for 1st and 2nd time buyers. Predominantly use timber-frame construction and have a good variety of in-house functions as well as outsourced services. The business as a whole is going through a period of change, and embracing a move towards quality across, communication, design and build.
Specific to this region, the MD aspires to have a team of innovators, bringing ideas to the table to continue being at the forefront of the industry, and to truly include a dynamic and diverse group of professionals.
Forming a key part of the technical department, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of architectural & engineering information from external consultants in line with the development programme. Typically you will be taking schemes forward from Reserved Matters application through to completion, which will include:
- Appoint and liaise with external consultants in the procurement and appraisal of technical information for new build developments.
- Assess the commercial viability and technical accuracy, instructing changes and improvements as required.
- Liaise with LPA's in determining section agreements, notably S38, S278 & S104s.
- Discharge any conditions from reserved matters.
- Ensure compliance with Building Regulations, NHBC conditions and Robust details.
- Arrange for EPCs and SAPs to be determined.
- Apply for CMLs.
- Take site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arises during the construction process
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role, you will come from either and Architectural or Civil Engineering background. You must have experience of working on volume new build residential projects, preferably for a developer but also working in a job running capacity within consultancy. You will probably excel in either one and will be able to demonstrate an appreciation for the other. Key area's of knowledge include:
- UK Building regulations
You will an inquisitive individual, with an ability to think rationally and decisively on the best course of action to progress. You will show excellent communication skills and are able to collaborate with ease and a range of stakeholders to progress projects.
What's on Offer
In return this role will give you a competitive starting salary. You will be immersed into a busy environment that will ensure you are constantly challenged, learning and implementing new ideas. You be afforded high levels of autonomy for work you are accountable for, in an overall collaborative and supportive department.