Exciting & Growing Business
Market Leading Plastics Manufacturing Business
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the technical plastics industry and is experiencing rapid growth. This growth has come from exceeding the expectations of it's diverse and global customer base that covers multiple industries. With several decades of proven pedigree, my client is looking to develop further into a truly world class moulding, processing and design business.
Based in the South East of England, my client has also invested in a low cost, high volume european facility enabling them to deliver across all regions without restrictions with a mix of high and low volume manufacture delivery models.
Ambitious about growth, my client understands the need to meet and exceed customer expectations whilst manufacturing products in the most reliable and cost efficient manner.
As part of the business leadership team, the Technical Director will play a crucial role in the overall direction and performance of the business. He or she will work very closely and collaboratively with the customers as well as internal sales, finance and operations functions.
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Director
- Provide inspirational and effective leadership to the Technical function.
- Determine material suitability, engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness for customer requirements for new and existing products.
- Successfully manage projects from design, prototype, and build through to commercial launch. Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close these projects efficiently.
- Lead trials for new products, technologies and tool transfer activities.
- Forecast operating costs of department and prepare budget requests.
- Identify and propose ways to utilise new technology to optimise engineering and operational effectiveness.
- Review and develop new and/or enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, testing, inspection, and validation activities. Contribute to the organisation's process improvement activities.
- Conduct training, when appropriate, on engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to inspection, measurement and test methods.
- Develop and mentor staff through proactive planned on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- There will be a requirement for a small amount of international travel from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
To become the Technical Director for this exciting and growing business, you will have a proven track record of Technical leadership within the Technical Plastics industry. You will take the Technical lead for the business and as a result will be expected to deliver best in class solutions for moulding, tooling and design. As a result, you will have a proven track record or at least working knowledge in the following areas;
- Injection Moulding
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Tooling Design (DFM, Mouldflow)
- Material selection and processing
- Pad Printing
Ideally, your knowledge will have come from mid volume, high complexity environments. You will have a demonstrable understanding of a wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in manufacturing process technology. You will provide technical solutions to a wide range of technical challenges through solutions that are imaginative, thorough and practical.
You will be highly organised with excellent time management and prioritisation. You will be a team player and able to work with cross functional teams. You will relish a challenge and look for solutions with a "can-do" winning mentality. You will want to be part of a growing business and one that is looking to lead the industry for years to come.
What's on Offer
As well as an opportunity to join a growing business, the Technical Director will receive a competitive salary DOE plus further benefits.