Exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team and business
Market Leading Plastics Manufacturer
About Our Client
My client operates in the plastics industry and is going through substantial growth. They are a world class design, moulding and processing business with a proven track record in the industry.
Right now they are actively looking for a Technical Director based in South East England to take on the challenge of guiding the business through this phase of growth.
Responsibilities for the Technical Director
- Provide inspirational and effective leadership to the Technical function.
- Determine material suitability, engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness for customer requirements for new and existing products.
- Successfully manage projects from design, prototype, and build through to commercial launch. Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close these projects efficiently.
- Lead trials for new products, technologies and tool transfer activities.
- Forecast operating costs of department and prepare budget requests.
- Identify and propose ways to utilise new technology to optimise engineering and operational effectiveness.
- Review and develop new and/or enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, testing, inspection, and validation activities. Contribute to the organisation's process improvement activities.
- Conduct training, when appropriate, on engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to inspection, measurement and test methods.
- Develop and mentor staff through proactive planned on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- There will be a requirement for a small amount of international travel from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
To become the Technical Director for this exciting and growing business, you will have a proven track record of Technical leadership within the Technical Plastics industry. You will take the Technical lead for the business and as a result will be expected to deliver best in class solutions for moulding, tooling and design. As a result, you will have a proven track record or at least working knowledge in the following areas;
- Injection Moulding
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Tooling Design (DFM, Mouldflow)
- Material selection and processing
- Pad Printing
Ideally, your knowledge will have come from mid volume, high complexity environments. You will have a demonstrable understanding of a wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in manufacturing process technology. You will provide technical solutions to a wide range of technical challenges through solutions that are imaginative, thorough and practical.
You will be highly organised with excellent time management and prioritisation. You will be a team player and able to work with cross functional teams. You will relish a challenge and look for solutions with a "can-do" winning mentality. You will want to be part of a growing business and one that is looking to lead the industry for years to come
What's on Offer
As well as an opportunity to join a growing business, the Technical Director will receive a competitive salary DOE plus further benefits.