Relocation package considered
Leadership opportunity within food FMCG
About Our Client
A global producer of spice and flavour extracts, colours, antioxidants, and advanced hop products for manufactured food, beverage, nutritional and pharmaceutical markets. They are a well-established and entrepreneurial growth business.
This role will be integral in developing the strategy of the team in line with and supporting the Global Applications & Development group. Ensuring that the vision and mission, sharing of information, development of scientists, collaboration and support are aligned with other functions and ensure high quality technical work.
Key Duties include:
- Lead and develop strategies to best execute and manage customer projects and sensory research to solve customer problems, develop presentations, demos, sell sheets, application bulletins and other tools and working within set time constraints.
- Prepare detailed reports describing research efforts, and when appropriate, presentation of research results to scientific conferences, customers, staff and/or other groups.
- Stay current on new, emerging technology and competitive products (trade shows, journals, patents, etc.)
- Coordinate and incorporate current and future European research needs, through the Stage Gate process
- Direct the training and development of the European Applications staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Development group to ensure fluidity of concept, product, technology and project exchange and transfer, typically when the project requires new ingredients, specialised skill outside the applications group, or longer-term development research.
- Work collaboratively with the European Managing Director to ensure smooth customer project selection process and corresponding allocation of resources.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Directors and Global Applications teams to ensure alignment in training tools and other product and market positioning activities.
- Work with Sales to ensure efficient execution of customer projects, meeting the customer needs, relaying the results and collecting & sharing feedback on progress and learnings.
- Ensure and instate an environment where the Europe Applications staff are working productively and efficiently, applying sound scientific methodology, being responsive to internal and external customer needs, staying current on internal technology and outside technology, identify and develop applications based skills, and proactively present new ideas for new concepts.
The Successful Applicant
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels across regions both strategically and operationally. It is highly desirable that you will have a come from a similar broad role within the food production sector.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph. D. or Master's degree in a technical area such as food science or related degree or equivalent food industry experience, and established experience in an R&D management role (senior manager or director level).
You will be comfortable mentoring, supervising and developing a small technical team. You will be hands on and happy to be proactive in the laboratory as well as offering your strategic input to the Senior Management Team. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues cross functionally, external food industry experts and your team in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
The role will require some level of international travel.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Bens
Any direct applicants will be forwarded to Page Executive for consideration.