- CISSP, ISO27001/2, NIS controls, AWS,
- Media multiplexing, Satellite communications, broadcast radio, DTT
About Our Client
My client is working through a large transformation programme within their IT function, as well as the wider business. They are a leading organisation within the telecoms, satellite and broadcast industry, searching for talented and passionate candidates to help with the further growth of the business.
Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) - BroadcastKey Responsibilities will include
- Provide guidance around the company's technical security risks, aiding delivery teams with solution implementation to meet the expected controls to ensure compliance to ISO27001 ISMS policies, legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations.
- Be accountable for reviewing and reporting on allocated functions obligations as above.
- Enable stakeholders to integrate and embed the technical requirements of the client's Information Security Management Systems and supporting frameworks within the technical solutions and processes; supporting functions to raise exceptions against the ISMS.
- Take ownership of specific horizon scanning and engaging with external research and advisory organisations, industry bodies, customers, and 3rd party vendors to ensure current knowledge and skills are maintained; ensuring that IS can enhance innovation, improve productivity, and ultimately drive revenue.
- Support technical and product teams within the client on bids (RFI/RFP) and designs to ensure security requirements are delivered as part of the product.
- Review project designs, offering actionable recommendations to the project team.
- Improve on, or develop new processes, procedures, policies, standards, and guidelines to continuously improve the company's cyber security maturity and promote awareness.
- Define the scope for penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and technical reviews, evaluating results and driving on appropriate remedial actions.
- Assist and support Information Security Risk Assessors with risk assessments and appraisals.
The Successful Applicant
Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) - BroadcastMust Haves
- Solid understanding and experience with IP networking concepts and supporting protocols (Dynamic Routing, DNS, NTP, SNMP etc.)
- Knowledge & appreciation for ISO 27001/27002 and maybe the Network & Information Systems Regulations (NIS).
Knowledge and understanding of some the following:
- Satellite communications
- Broadcast Radio
- Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)
- Media Multiplexing and content distribution
- Operational Technology (OT) security and connectivity, ideally with exposure to Broadcast and Media sectors, and how this differs from typical IT systems
- Operations Support Systems (OSS) used on broadcast networks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, services, and security
Significant IS experience and knowledge including using artefacts / standards from at least one of the following authorities:
- National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) - Cyber Security Framework
- Information Security Foundation (ISF) - The Standard of Good Practice for Information Security, Maturity Model, Benchmark, Using Cloud Services Securely
- Centre for Internet Security (CIS) - Controls, Benchmark
- Cloud Security Alliance (CCA) - Cloud Controls Matrix
More than anything, we want to work with people who are passionate about what they do and believe in our vision. So, if you think you have most of the skills and / or experience we are looking for, then please do apply for the role - we want to hear from you!
What's on Offer
Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) - Broadcast
Winchester + other locations available.
Some travel (1-2 days pw) to Winchester required
Offering a competitive package plus Bonus, Healthcare, and Pension