Technical Manager (Meats)
£35,000 - £40,000
Blue Chip manufacturer
Opportunity to progress within the organisation
About Our Client
My client is a blue chip food manufacturer.
- Proactively manage the technical services team ensuring that the team are integrated with the site teams, activities are organised and auditable and that appropriate development plans are in place for all members of the team and providing regular feedback on performance and support when required.
- Take ownership of their own personal development, seeking support when necessary to deliver on role profile and values / behaviours.
- Design, development, organisation and implementation of site Food Safety, Quality and Welfare Management Systems to support the efficient production of safe, legal food of the desired quality and to satisfy the requirements of business and customer standards, codes of practice and third-party assurance schemes.
- Technical trending data is compiled in line with business procedures, reviewed and adverse trends are responded to with root cause investigation, corrective action and conclusion. Escalation must take place where appropriate.
- Develops the site product sampling schedule to ensure that micro and chemical testing is compliant/aligned with legislation, customer codes of practice and product specifications
- Management of site Pest Control activities including management of pest control contractor and escalation of any adverse trends or infestation issues.
- Co-ordination of delivery of the Internal audit program to assess compliance with food safety, quality and animal welfare (where applicable) standards
- Using resources such as Campden BRI - ensure site is up to date with latest policy, legislation and industry best practice
- Production of customer technical specifications, maintenance of customer technical information systems and provision of technical specification expertise and support
- Involvement in implementation of new systems and technology across the site/group
- Risk assessments required are in place and adequate
- Chain of custody is understood and demonstrable
- Co-ordination of 3rd party audit activity including corrective actions post audit
- Actively searches for cost reduction without compromising technical standards
- Deputise for Technical Manager as required
- Key participant in customer visits and third-party audits
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of GFSI Food Assurance standards, e.g. BRC or ISO22000
- Knowledge of Retailer Food Safety, Welfare and Product Integrity standards
- Knowledge of SHE procedures and practices
- Experience in HACCP, VACCP and TACCP risk assessments
- Experience in 3rd party audit processes
- Experience of dealing with major retailers and manufacturing groups
- Effective organisation and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
- A food science higher education level qualification or relevant experience
- HACCP Training Level 3
- Level 3 food safety in manufacturing
- Level 3 TACCP/VACCP
- Lead Assessor / BRC auditor trained