£55,000 - £75,000
Technical Manager required for a developer based in Birmingham
An Engineering bias is essential
About Our Client
- My client is an award winning spec builder based in Birmingham
- The business focuses on delivering high quality, high spec homes across the Midlands.
- The business has a fantastic relationship with local and national sub contractors and prides themselves on delivering units on time to a happy end user.
- Lead the engineering team and collaborate with other departmental heads to ensure the risks below ground are identified and managed.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with consultants and get 'buy-in' to the business objective
- Manage the technical design process to ensure the best possible drainage, levels and foundation solutions are delivered in terms of best practice and value.
- Value engineer designs where possible to help the business maintain a competitive edge.
- Liaise with business development and estimating teams to discuss new tender information and formulate a win strategy.
- Review tender information, carry out feasibility studies and highlight key constraints on potential new sites.
- Chair meetings with consultants to communicate a clear design brief, agree scope of works, fees and deadlines for issue of ground works pack and Section agreement / stopping up applications.
- Instigate and secure technical approvals for all relevant Section Agreement applications S104, 185, 38, 278, 247. Lead the process through to completion of the legal agreements in order to meet pre-commencement programme deadlines.
- Help Produce detailed technical viability reports on potential new sites that cover areas such as drainage, foundations, services, highways, ground conditions (geotechnical) and land negotiations
The Successful Applicant
- To be considered for this role you must have had experience within a Technical department of either a housing developer or contractor.
- This role would suit both a Senior Engineer looking to transition into a Managerial role or a current Technical Manager looking to change into a more hands on position.
- You will have experience of dealing with stakeholders from within Commercial, Operations and Land.
- You will also demonstrate good management skills with consultants.
- Ideally you will be biased towards Civil Engineering rather than Design.
What's on Offer