Fantastic opportunity for well estblished business
Offering excellent progression
About Our Client
Our client is a well estblished leading retailer that has contiuned to go from strength to strength with stores throughout the UK.
- Ensure that the team and Business is kept fully informed and up to date on all product related legislation and compliance requirements and that this information is readily available, understandable and forms part of the product evaluation/approval process.
- Establish relationships with the technical/quality contacts at Suppliers and specialist service providers such as Legislative Bodies, Test Houses, Trade Associations and Factory auditing partners etc. associated to assigned product categories.
- Ensure the Head of Quality is informed immediately where it is identified that a Supplier has failed to adhere to agreed requirements/specification resulting in an unacceptable level of risk the brand or exposure to the overall business.
- Develop a sustainability plan for assigned product categories and support identified stakeholders in the execution and delivery of agreed plan
- Manage, mentor and develop direct reports ensuring there is a personal development plan.
- To utilise the Capability Framework for Category Technical Manager's document for:Being customer focused,
- ○ Leadership & business results,
- ○ People & organisation behaviours,
- ○ Commercial performance,
- ○ Product development,
- ○ Continual improvement,
- ○ Planning, delivery & execution,
- ○ Sourcing & supplier development.
The Successful Applicant
Professional/Technical Qualification in an appropriate field (Degree equivalent) i.e. Chartered
Engineer. Chartered Quality Professional with the Chartered Quality Institute (MCQI).
● In-depth knowledge of QA Practices and Methodology and able to demonstrate practical
experience of Supplier, Factory, CSR (Ethical) and ISO9001 audits and respective International
● In-depth detailed knowledge of British & European product safety, legal & technical standards and associated compliance certification/conformance.
● In-depth detailed knowledge of product legislation and Environmental impact.
● Detailed knowledge and experience of CE Directives.
● Detailed practical experience of factory manufacturing processes and best practice.
● Resilience in following through business critical issues.
● Persuasive approach to problem solving at all levels.
● Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals
● Well organised with the ability to plan workload to achieve deadlines.
● Good numeracy skills and conversant in Google and Microsoft platforms,
What's on Offer
Offering a fantastic salary and excellent benefits