Exceptional development opportunities
About Our Client
National PLC who appeal to a range of home owners from first time to second and third time buyers are looking for a Technical Manager to join their flagship Wolverhampton office.
* To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for mainly low rise residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
* Assist in the appointment of the external professional team and management of the same
* Arrange appropriate surveys and investigations
* Oversee the professional team in regard to the delivery of well-considered value engineered design solutions that are practicable implement and construct
* Liaise with in house departments, external stake holders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
* Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
* Maintain up to date trackers for all regulatory approvals
* Monitor the design in line with the development programme and the company business plan and ensure that information is produced in a timely manner to meet the requirements for procurement, construction and sales
* Administer the technical fee budget and maintain up to date fee tracker schedules
* Deal with and arrange legal agreements relating to highways, drainage, services, wayleaves, easements and the like
* Resolving all technical related queries
* Visit sites as necessary to resolve build issues or similar
The Successful Applicant
- Crucially, you must have experience working at coordinator or assistant coordinator level on housebuilding or residential developments, either directly for a developer or through an agency as a consultant.
- HND/HNC in Building Studies/Construction or equivalent
- Experience of technical aspects of house building / Building Regulations
- An understanding of Planning Legislation, Construction Design & Management Regulations
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word
- Good level of communication skills, with the necessity to liaise with internal staff and external bodies
- Good level of organisation and work management
- Good time management and to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to solve technical issues efficiently and effectively
- Proven background in Property and housing
What's on Offer
On offer for the successful candidate is;
- A basic salary of £55,000 - £60,000
- Car Allowance of Circa £5,000.
- Bonus structure
- Competitive pension scheme