Private home builder
Intimate team with high levels of autonomy.
About Our Client
Home building branch of renowned construction group, headquartered in Derbyshire with a strong foothold across the East Midlands. Their aspirations are to not to be the biggest but the best, and they pay extra attention to a building's detail and personality that makes it a home. They offer competitive remuneration and are keen for employees to enjoy a diverse career and develop a strong appreciation for all aspects of residential development.
Typical duties as Technical Manager will include:
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for mainly low rise residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- Assist in the appointment of the external professional team and management of the same
- Arrange appropriate surveys and investigations
- Oversee the professional team in regard to the delivery of well-considered value engineered design solutions that are practicable implement and construct
- Liaise with in house departments, external stake holders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
- Maintain up to date trackers for all regulatory approvals
- Monitor the design in line with the development programme and the company business plan and ensure that information is produced in a timely manner to meet the requirements for procurement, construction and sales
- Administer the technical fee budget and maintain up to date fee tracker schedules
- Deal with and arrange legal agreements relating to highways, drainage, services, wayleaves, easements and the like
- Resolving all technical related queries
- Visit sites as necessary to resolve build issues or similar
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of technical aspects of house building / Building Regulations
- An understanding of Planning Legislation, CDM Regulations
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word
- Good level of communication skills, with the necessity to liaise with internal staff and external bodies
- Good level of organisation and work management
- Good time management and to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to solve technical issues efficiently and effectively
What's on Offer
- Competitive starting salary with attractive remuneration including car, bonus, healthcare etc.
- Broadened career gaining insight and involvement into other aspects outside Technical.
- CPD and training as required.