Lead the technical development of advanced process equipment
Work with novel fuels, reduce environmental impact and improve products
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered exclusively with the leader in their field, who have achieved their reputation and market position by constantly evolving and improving their product offering. With a built for purpose engineering and manufacturing HQ in Leeds, our client produce complex equipment which requires an advanced understanding of Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics and Combustion Engineering; for which the Technical Manager is the leader.
The Technical Manager's purpose is to ensure that the processes used by the company's products are optimised to ensure peak performance, efficiency and environmental impact. Working on special requests of standard products and taking a leading role in all new product development you will lead a technical department in a market leader.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing detailed calculation and design input into the development of brand-new combustion process equipment.
- Undertaking field-based studies and experiments to prove concepts
- Supporting day to day design activities as bespoke requests challenge legislative and technical thresholds
The Successful Applicant
This is a business-critical post. The Technical Manager has contributed and will continue to contribute to the business's exceptional growth and reputation. You will join a team of talented and passionate engineering leaders who care about the business's success, supporting each other to be as effective as possible.
To be considered for the Technical Manager position you must demonstrate:
- Significant experience in combustion process engineering (ideally solids mass burn)
- Advanced mathematical/modelling capability utilising Excel or other supporting software such as MathCAD.
- Qualified to degree level or extensive professional experience in a relevant engineering discipline
What's on Offer
A competitive starting salary and exciting technical challenge to develop your knowledge base.